Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Inner Beauty Tutorial


This tutorial was written by Amber Howard on December 23, 2014. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to the main blog instead.

In this tutorial I used the artwork of Enamorte.
This tube is only available through the end of December!
You can purchase Enamorte’s artwork and a license through CDO.
Please do not use this or any artwork without purchasing a proper license first.

Supplies needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube or close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used Cellos Script.
Scrap kit of choice — I used “Inner Beauty” by Ladyhawwk Designs, also available for purchase at CDO.
Mask 161 by Weescotlass Creations.

Plugins needed:
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Eye Candy 6 — Perspective Shadow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Ice
Nik Software — Color Efex Pro 3
Xero — Porcelain

Ready? Set? Go!
Open a 600x600 canvas and flood fill with #7a7a7a.
We will be cropping later, but this gives plenty of room to work with.

Open an oval frame of choice. I used LHD_InnerBeauty-Frame1.
Image – Resize the frame to 375 pixels tall, all layers checked.

Copy and paste the frame as a new layer onto your canvas.
Image – Free Rotate by 90 degrees to the left or to the right.
Objects – Align – Center in Canvas.

Open a paper of choice. I used LHD_InnerBeauty-Paper8.
Resize as needed, depending on the pattern on the paper.
I did not resize.
Copy and paste the paper as a new layer below the frame layer.

Take your magic wand tool with the settings Mode: Add, Match: RBG, Tolerance 30%
and make the frame layer active.
Click once inside of the frame.
Selections – Modify – Expand by 5 pixels.

Make the paper layer active again.
Selections – Invert.
Hit the delete key on your keyboard once.
Do not deselect.

Open your tube or close up of choice.
Resize as needed. I resized my close up by 80%.
Copy and paste as a new layer above the paper layer.
Hit delete on your keyboard once.
Selections – Select None.

Make the frame layer active once again and add a drop shadow of choice.
I used V&H: 0, Opacity: 80%, Blur: 10.00.

Make sure that the tube layer is active.
Choose a light to medium color from your scrap kit.
I used #a69a83.
Apply Nik Software – Color Efex Pro with the following settings on the Colorize Preset:


Duplicate the colorized tube layer.
Make the duplicate of the colorized tube layer active.
Apply Xero – Porcelain with the default settings only changing the blue channel to 0.
Change the settings of this layer to Burn and lower the opacity to 25%.

Hide the frame, paper, and filled background layers.
Merge visible.
Add the same drop shadow used on the frame layer.

Reopen the hidden layers, and then hide the new merged tube layer for now.

Open a floral element of choice. I used LHD_InnerBeauty-Ele12.
Resize the floral element as needed.
I resized mine to 375 pixels high, all layers checked.

Copy and paste the floral element as a new layer above the frame layer.
Arrange at the right hand side of the frame.

If you are using the same element that I did, there are a few optional additional steps.
Make sure that the element layer is active.
Image – Flip.
Arrange the main part of the floral element on the lower right hand side of the frame.
Zoom in on the stem and extra flower of the element.

Take your Freehand Selection tool with the settings Selection Type: Smart Edge, Mode: Add, Feather: 2, Smoothing: 0, Anti-alias checked.
Very carefully outline the stem and extra flower with your selection tool, as shown in the example below:


Hit delete on your key board once or twice, to make sure you have a clean edge.
If it looks nice, continue. If not, try again.
It took me a couple of tries to get a nice edge to the leaf and flower.

Once you are happy with the crop,
Selections – Select None.

Rearrange the floral element along the right side of the frame as needed.
Add the same drop shadow as before.

Open a secondary paper of choice. I used LHD_InnerBeauty-Paper3.
Resize to 500x500 pixels, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the paper as a new layer above the filled background layer.

Apply Weescotlass’ mask 161 or a mask of choice to the paper layer,
making sure that it is set to Fit to Layer instead of Fit to Canvas.
Merge group on your new masked paper background and arrange as needed.
I did not move mine.

Crop away the excess canvas now.

Open a pixel font of choice and add your credits and tagger’s mark.
Apply an optional gradient glow.

Open another font of choice and add your name.
I used Cellos Script at a 72 point size,
with the color #fbf4e2 from the scrap kit.

Once you are happy with the placement, convert the name layer to raster.
Duplicate the name layer, and make the duplicate active.
Adjust – Add/Remove Noise – Add noise by 50%, Gaussian and Monochrome checked.
Apply Lokas Artistic Effects – Ice with the default settings, making sure the color overlay is turned off.

Make the original name layer active.
Apply a gradient glow of choice. I added a 3.00 medium glow with the color #4d1c35.
Apply a drop shadow of choice.
I used Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow with the Height 0 preset and these additional settings:


Delete the filled background layer, save as .png and you are done!
Thank you for trying my tutorial, I would love to see your results!



No comments:

Post a Comment