This tutorial was written by Amber
Howard on January 1, 2015. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely
coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not
copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to
the main blog instead.
In this
tutorial I used the artwork of Suzanne Woolcott.
Unfortunately,
Suzanne’s work is no longer available for purchase.
Please do
not use this or any artwork without purchasing a proper license first.
Supplies needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube or close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used Font Bitch.
Scrap kit of choice — I used “Blanco y Negro” by Bibi’s Collection, available for purchase at Scraps & Company.
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube or close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used Font Bitch.
Scrap kit of choice — I used “Blanco y Negro” by Bibi’s Collection, available for purchase at Scraps & Company.
Plugins needed:
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Eye Candy 5 Impact— Perspective Shadow
Eye Candy 6 — Perspective Shadow
Xero — Porcelain
Xero — Radiance
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Eye Candy 5 Impact— Perspective Shadow
Eye Candy 6 — Perspective Shadow
Xero — Porcelain
Xero — Radiance
Ready? Set? Go!
Open a
600x250 canvas to start.
Open a
paper of choice from your scrap kit. I used BIBIBLANCO Y NEGRO PAPERS (5).
Copy and
paste the paper as a new layer onto your canvas.
I did not
resize, nor rearrange my paper.
Open up a
cloud element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (56).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the paper layer.
I did not
resize the cloud element, and arranged it in the upper left corner of the
canvas.
Open up a
mask/splatter element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (54).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the paper layer.
I did not
resize the mask element, and arranged it in the upper right corner of the
canvas.
Open
another cloud element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (55).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the first cloud
layer.
I did not
resize the cloud element, and arranged it in the middle right of the canvas.
Open a
sparkle element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (61).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the second cloud
layer.
I did not
resize the sparkle element, and arranged it in the middle right of the canvas.
Open a
tree element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (58).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the sparkle layer.
I did not
resize the tree element, and arranged it in the top left of the canvas.
Add a drop
shadow of choice to the tree element. I used V&H: 1, Opacity: 75%, Blur:
10.00.
Open
another sparkle element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (64).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer at the top of the
canvas.
I resized
this element to 250 pixels high, and arranged it in the top right of the
canvas.
Duplicate
the sparkle element.
Image –
Mirror – Mirror
Horizontal.
Merge the
two sparkle elements together.
Open a
light element of choice. I used BIBI BLANCO Y NEGRO ELEMS (23).
Resize as
needed and copy and paste the element into a new layer above the tree layer.
I resized
this element by 20%, and arranged it at the bottom of the tree layer.
Add a drop
shadow of choice to the light element. I used V&H: 1, Opacity: 75%, Blur:
10.00.
Open your
tube of choice.
Resize as
needed, and copy and paste as a new layer at the top of the canvas.
Arrange as
preferred. I arranged mine towards the right side of the canvas.
Duplicate
the tube layer.
On the
original tube layer, change the settings to Luminance or Luminance Legacy.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice. I used Eye Candy 5 Impact – Perspective Shadow to add a
drop shadow with the following settings:
On the
duplicate tube layer, change the settings to Hard Light and lower the opacity
to 50%.
Apply Xero
– Porcelain with the default settings only changing the blue channel to 0.
Apply Xero
– Radiance with the default settings.
Merge the
two tube layers together.
Drag the
empty layer from the bottom of the layer palette to the top of the palette.
Choose a
dark color from your scrap kit. I used #444444.
Flood fill
the empty layer with your color of choice.
Selections
– Select All.
Selections
– Modify – Contract by 5 pixels.
Hit delete
on your keyboard once.
Adjust –
Add/Remove Noise – Add Noise at 50% with Gaussian and Monochrome checked.
Duplicate
the border layer.
On the
original layer go to Adjust – Brightness and Contrast – Brightness and
Contrast.
Move the
Brightness slider all the way down to -255 and apply.
Adjust –
Blur – Gaussian Blur – with the Radius setting at 6.00.
On the
original border layer, apply an Inner Bevel with the following settings:
Merge the
two border layers together and then hide them.
Hide the
tube layer as well.
Edit –
Copy Special – Copy Merged.
Edit –
Paste as New Image.
This will
later become part of the avatar that we are making to match the forum tag.
Unhide the
border and tube layers.
Merge
Visible.
Open a
pixel font of choice and add your credits and tagger’s mark.
Apply an
optional gradient glow of choice.
Open
another font of choice to add your name.
Once you
are happy with the placement, convert to raster layer.
Duplicate
the name layer.
On the
original name layer, apply a thin to medium 3.00 point black gradient glow.
Apply an
optional drop shadow of choice. I used Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow with
the Height 0 preset and these additional settings:
Save as
.jpg!
Open a new
150x150 canvas.
Make the
flattened image that we made earlier active again.
Copy and
paste as a new layer onto the avatar canvas.
Resize as
needed.
I resized
by 80%.
Arrange as
needed.
Drag the
empty layer from the bottom of the layer palette to the top of the palette.
Choose a
dark color from your scrap kit. I used #444444.
Flood fill
the empty layer with your color of choice.
Selections
– Select All.
Selections
– Modify – Contract by 5 pixels.
Hit delete
on your keyboard once.
Adjust –
Add/Remove Noise – Add Noise at 50% with Gaussian and Monochrome checked.
Duplicate
the border layer.
On the
original layer go to Adjust – Brightness and Contrast – Brightness and
Contrast.
Move the
Brightness slider all the way down to -255 and apply.
Adjust –
Blur – Gaussian Blur – with the Radius setting at 6.00.
On the
original border layer, apply an Inner Bevel with the following settings:
Merge visible.
Open a
pixel font of choice and add your credits and tagger’s mark.
Apply an
optional gradient glow of choice.
Open
another font of choice to add your name.
Once you
are happy with the placement, convert to raster layer.
Duplicate
the name layer.
On the
original name layer, apply a thin to medium 3.00 point black gradient glow.
Apply an
optional drop shadow of choice. I used Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow with
the Height 0 preset and these additional settings:
On the
duplicate name layer.
Adjust –
Add/Remove Noise – Add Noise at 50% with Gaussian and Monochrome checked.
Apply an
Inner Bevel with the following settings:
Save as .jpg and you’re done!
Thank you
so much for trying my tutorial, I would love to see your results!





No comments:
Post a Comment