Monday, December 1, 2014

Pink Christmas Tutorial

This tutorial was written by Amber Howard on December 1, 2014. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to the main blog instead.

In this tutorial I used the artwork of PinupToons.
You can purchase PinupToons’s artwork and a license through CDO.
Please do not use this or any other artwork without purchasing a proper license first.

Supplies needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube of choice
Font of choice — I used Kingthings Wrote
Scrapkit of choice — The scrapkit that I used comes with the Pack 208 scrap bundle by Foxy Designz.

Plugins needed:
EyeCandy 6 —Perspective Shadow
EyeCandy 5 Impact — Perspective Shadow
EyeCandy 4 — Gradient Glow
Xero — Porcelain, Radiance, Mistifier

Ready? Set? Go!
Open a 400x400 canvas and flood fill with the color #7a7a7a.

Open up a frame of choice. I used Frame3_FD.
Resize this frame to 300 pixels high, all layers checked.
Copy and paste as a new layer onto your canvas.
Image – Rotate – Free Rotate by 90 degrees to the left.
Objects – Align – Center in Canvas.

Open up a paper of choice. I used Paper1_FD.
Resize to 400x400 pixels, all layers checked.
Copy and paste as a new layer above the filled background layer.

Take your magic wand with the settings Mode: Add, Match: Color, Tolerance: 20,
and make the frame layer active.
Click once inside of the frame.
Selections – Modify – Expand by 6 pixels

Make the paper layer active again.
Selections – Invert.
Hit the delete key on your keyboard once.
Do not deselect yet.

Selections – Invert.
Add a new raster layer above the paper layer.
Choose a color from your frame. I used #f27d9a.
Flood fill the layer you just created with this color.
Change the settings of this layer to Screen.
Selections – Select None.

Open a branch element of choice. I used Element22_FD.
Resize this element to 300 pixels wide, all layers checked.
Copy and paste this element as a new layer above the frame layer.

Arrange the branch along the bottom of the frame layer.
Add a drop shadow of choice.  I used V&H: 2, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 10.00.
Duplicate the branch layer.

On the duplicate branch:
Image – Mirror horizontal.
Image – Flip vertical.

Merge the two branch layers together.

Open a floral element of choice. I used Element37_FD.
Resize this element by 40%, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the floral element into a new layer above the branch layer.
Arrange in the middle and then add the same drop shadow.

Open a sparkle element of choice. I used Element40_FD.
Resize this element to 325 pixels wide, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the sparkle element into a new layer above the floral layer.
Do not drop shadow.

Open another floral element of choice. I used Element42_FD.
Resize this element by 40%, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the floral element into a new layer above the sparkle layer.
Arrange in the middle of the first floral layer and then add the same drop shadow.

Open your tube of choice and resize as needed.
I resized mine by 70%.
Copy and paste as a new layer below the branch layer.

Take your eraser and erase the portions of the tube layer that stick out below the branches.

Duplicate the tube layer and add a drop shadow of choice to the original tube.
I used Eye Candy 5 – Perspective Shadow with the following settings:


On the duplicate tube apply Xero – Porcelain with the default settings only changing the blue channel to 0.
Apply Xero – Radiance with default settings.
Apply Xero – Mistifier with default settings.
Lower the Opacity of this layer to 50%.
Change the settings of this layer to Soft Light.

Open a word art of choice. I used WordArt1_FD.
Resize the wordart layer to 325 pixels wide, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the word art into a new layer at the top of your canvas. 
Duplicate the wordart.
Add a medium white gradient glow and a drop shadow of choice to the original wordart.
Merge the two wordart layers together.

Open another sparkle element of choice. I used Element18_FD.
Colorize the sparkle element to match your tag.
I used the following settings: Hue: 219, Saturation: 106.

Resize the sparkle element to 325 pixels wide, all layers checked.
Copy and paste the sparkle element as a new layer above the filled background layer.
Arrange this layer so that it surrounds the frame layer.

Open a pixel font of choice and add your credits and tagger’s mark.
Add an optional gradient glow.

Open a font of choice and add your name.
Once you are happy with the placement, convert to raster layer.
Add a medium 3.00 gradient glow of choice. I used the same color as above: #f27d9a.

Apply a drop shadow of choice.
I used Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow with the Height 0 preset and the following additional settings:


Save as .png and you’re done!

Thank you so much for trying this tutorial, I would love to see your results!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment