Friday, December 5, 2014

Let The Magic Find You Tutorial


This tutorial was written by Amber Howard on December 5, 2014. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to the main blog instead.

In this tutorial I used the artwork of Anna Marine.
This tube is only available for the month of December 2014.
You can purchase Anna’s artwork and a license through CDO.
Please do not use this or any other artwork without purchasing a proper license first.

Supplies needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work.
Tube and close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used SaffronToo.
Scrapkit of choice — The scrapkit that I used is the matching ‘inspired by’ kit by Hungry Hill, also available at CDO.

Plugins needed:
EyeCandy 6 —Perspective Shadow
EyeCandy 5 Impact — Perspective Shadow
EyeCandy 4 — Gradient Glow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Ice
Xero — Porcelain, Radiance, Mistifier

Ready? Set? Go!
Open a 500x500 canvas and flood fill with #7a7a7a.

Open a frame of choice. I used frame-1.
Image – Resize to 350 pixels wide.
Copy and paste the frame into a new layer on your canvas.

Open a paper of choice. I used paper-4.
Image – Resize to 400 pixels wide.
Copy and paste the paper into a new layer beneath the frame layer.

Take your magic wand tool with the following settings– Mode: Add, Match: Color, Tolerance: 20.
Make the frame layer active again and click inside of the frame once.
Selections – Modify – Expand by 19 pixels if you are using the same frame.
Make the paper layer active once again.
Selections – Invert.
Hit delete on your keyboard once.
Selections – Select None.

Open a circular element of choice. I used the frost-circle element.
Image – Resize to 375 pixels wide.
Copy and paste the element into a new layer below the paper layer.
Image – Mirror.

Add a drop shadow of choice.
I used V&H: 0, Opacity: 49%, Blur: 10.00.
Add the same drop shadow to the frame layer.

Open your close up.
Copy and paste as a new layer above the paper layer.
Make the paper layer active again.
Selections – Select All – Float – Defloat.
Make the close up layer active once again.
Selections – Invert.
Hit delete on your keyboard once.
Selections – Select None.

Change the settings of the close up layer to Overlay.
Duplicate the close up and change the settings of the duplicate to Soft Light.
Apply Xero – Porcelain with default settings only changing the blue channel to 0.
Apply Xero – Radiance with default settings.
Apply Xero – Mistifier with default settings.

Make the original close up layer active again.
Add the same drop shadow as before.

Open a sparkle-type element of choice. I used the snow-mist.
Image – Resize to 350 pixels wide.
Copy and paste the element as a new layer over the close up layers.
Do not drop shadow.

Open the tube that matches the close up that you chose.
Resize as needed. I resized mine by 65%.
Copy and paste the tube as a new layer at the top of your canvas.
Arrange where you would like it and then add a drop shadow of choice.
I added a drop shadow using these Eye Candy 5 Impact – Perspective Shadow settings:


Open a word art of choice. I used the word art that came with the kit.
If you choose a different kit, copy and paste the word art as a new layer at the top of the canvas.
Resize as needed and place.

If you are using the same kit, take your selection tool with the default settings.
Select the first phrasing of the word art “Let the magic find you.”
Copy this, and paste into a new layer at the top of the canvas.
Do not resize. 
Place along the curve of the frame and add a drop shadow of choice.
I added a drop shadow using the Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow Height 0 preset with the following additional settings:


Choose a pixel font to add your credits and tagger’s mark.
Apply an optional gradient glow of choice.

Choose another font to add your name with.
When you are happy with the placement, covert the name layer to raster.
Duplicate the name layer.
On the duplicate: Adjust – Add/Remove Noise – Add Noise with the settings Gaussian, 100% and Monochrome checked.
Apply Lokas Artistic Effects – Ice with the default settings.

On the original name layer, add a gradient glow of choice.
I used the color #1c317a and a 3.00 stroke.
Afterwards, apply a drop shadow of choice.
I used the same settings from Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow, only I changed the Opacity to 90%.

Crop away the excess canvas, and delete the grey background layer.
Save as .png and you are done!

Thank you so much for trying my tutorial, I would love to see your results!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment