This tutorial was written by Amber
Howard on September 3, 2015. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely
coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not
copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to
the main blog instead.
In this
tutorial I used the artwork of Sheena Pike.
You can
purchase this artwork and a license through CDO.
Please do
not use this or any scrap kit without purchasing first.
Supplies needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work.
Tube of choice.
Scrap kit of choice — I used “All 4 Love” by Foxys Designz.
Mask of choice — I used Mask141 by Weescotslass Creations.
Font of choice — I used Secret of the Octopus.
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work.
Tube of choice.
Scrap kit of choice — I used “All 4 Love” by Foxys Designz.
Mask of choice — I used Mask141 by Weescotslass Creations.
Font of choice — I used Secret of the Octopus.
Plugins needed:
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Metal
Xero — Porcelain
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Metal
Xero — Porcelain
Ready? Set? Go!
Open a
500x500 canvas, flood fill with #7a7a7a.
Open a
frame of choice,
or Frame3_FD
from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize to
325 pixels wide, all layers unchecked,
and then
paste as a new layer on your blank canvas.
Rename
this layer Frame 1.
Open
another frame of choice,
or some
type of element that matches the shape of the first frame.
I used
Frame1_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize the
secondary frame or element as needed,
Frame1_FD
was resized to 400 pixels wide.
Paste as a
new layer below Frame 1,
and
arrange so that only the edges can be seen from around the edge of Frame 1.
Rename
this layer Frame 2.
Open a
patterned paper of choice,
or Paper10_FD
from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize by
80%, all layers checked.
Repeat
twice for a total of three resizes.
Copy and
paste the paper as a new layer above Frame 2.
Make Frame
1 active again,
and grab
the Magic Wand tool with any settings.
Click
inside of the first frame to select the center.
Selections
– Expand by 8 pixels.
Make the
paper layer active again.
Selections
– Invert.
Hit the
delete key on the keyboard once.
Selections
– Select None.
Rename
this layer Paper.
Open a
leaf/branch element of choice,
or Element18_FD
from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize
this element to 325 pixels wide,
and paste
as a new layer above Frame 1.
Arrange
the branch so that it lays across the bottom of the frame.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Leaf 1.
Open
another leaf/branch element of choice,
or Element30_FD
from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize
this element to 300 pixels tall,
and paste
as a new layer above Frame 1.
Arrange
the branch so that it lays across the left of the frame.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Leaf 2.
Open a
floral element of choice,
or
Element27_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize as
needed, though I did not resize at all.
Paste as a
new layer above Leaf 2, and arrange the floral element along Leaf 1.
Once happy
with placement, drag this layer below Leaf 1 in the layers palette,
and rename
this layer Floral 1.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Open a
flower element of choice,
or
Element23_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize by
35%, all layers unchecked.
Paste as a
new layer at the top of the layers palette,
and
arrange the flower over the ends of Leaf 1 and Leaf 2.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Flower 1.
Open another
flower element of choice,
or
Element24_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize by
45%, all layers unchecked.
Paste as a
new layer at the top of the layers palette,
and
arrange the flower over the majority of Leaf 1.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Flower 2.
Open another
flower element of choice,
or
Element22_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize by
25%, all layers unchecked.
Paste as a
new layer at the top of the layers palette,
and
arrange between Flower 1 and Flower 2.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Flower 3.
Open a ribbon
element of choice,
or Element3_FD
from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize by
65%, all layers unchecked.
Paste as a
new layer at the top of the layers palette,
and
arrange the ribbon around the side and bottom of Flower 2.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Rename
this layer Ribbon 1,
and drag
it below the Flower 2 layer in the layers palette.
Open your
tube of choice,
and resize
as needed.
I resized
by 80%, all layers unchecked.
Paste as a
new layer above Frame 1,
and
arrange as liked.
Once you
have your tube arranged to your liking,
grab the
eraser tool with any settings,
and erase
the portion of the tube that sticks out below the flowers and foliage layers.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Repeat the
shadow but change the H setting to -4.
Make the
Frame 1 layer active again,
and apply
a drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 50%, Blur: 14.87.
Open a
solid paper of choice,
or
Paper08_FD from the “All 4 Love” scrap kit.
Resize to
500x500 pixels, all layers checked.
Paste as a
new layer at the bottom of your layers palette,
above the
background layer.
Apply WSL
Mask 141,
Fit to
canvas, source luminance, hide all mask checked.
Right
click on the mask layer, and choose Merge Visible.
Rename
this layer Mask.
Hide the background
layer,
Edit –
Copy Special – Copy Merged.
Paste as a
new layer at the top of the layers palette.
Make sure
the layers are matched up properly,
and then
Adjust – Blur – Gaussian Blur at 7.00
on the
merged layer.
Change the
settings of this layer to Hard Light or Soft Light,
lower the
opacity to 65%,
and then
rename this layer Blur.
Make the
tube layer active again,
apply Xero
– Porcelain with the default settings,
changing
the Blue channel to 0.
Choose a
pixel font of choice,
add your
credits, license, and tagger’s mark.
Choose a
font of choice or use Secret of the Octopus.
Foreground
null and background a color of choice or black.
Add your name.
When happy
with the placement and size, convert to raster layer.
Duplicate
the name layer.
On the
duplicate layer,
Apply
Lokas Artistic Effects – Metal with the default settings,
making
sure to turn off the color overlay.
On the
original layer,
apply a medium
3.00 thick gradient glow that has three different colors.
The first
should be a medium color from your tube or scrap kit.
The middle
should be white.
The third
should be a lighter color from your tube or scrap kit.
Apply a
drop shadow of choice, or the one I used with the following settings:
V: 3, H:
4, Opacity: 75%, Blur: 14.87.
Delete the
background layer,
crop away
excess canvas,
save as a
.PNG, and you’re done!
Thank you
so much for trying my tutorial,
I’d love
to see your results!
No comments:
Post a Comment