This tutorial was written by Amber Howard on March 7, 2015. Any resemblances to other tutorials are completely coincidental. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is forbidden. Do not copy and paste this tutorial anywhere else on the internet. Please link back to the main blog instead.
In this tutorial I used the artwork of PinupToons.
This artwork is a retired bonus tube from February
2014 and is no longer available for purchase.
You can purchase PinupToons’s artwork and a license
through CDO.
Please do not use this or any artwork without
purchasing a proper license first.
Supplies
needed:
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube or close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used Liorah BT.
Scrap kit of choice — I used WDDesignz’ part of the 2014 CDO Valentine’s Scrap collab, which is no longer available for purchase.
PaintShopPro — I used X7 but any version will work
Tube or close up of choice.
Font of choice — I used Liorah BT.
Scrap kit of choice — I used WDDesignz’ part of the 2014 CDO Valentine’s Scrap collab, which is no longer available for purchase.
Plugins
needed:
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Eye Candy 6 — Perspective Shadow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Cotton
Eye Candy 4 — Gradient Glow
Eye Candy 6 — Perspective Shadow
Lokas Artistic Effects — Cotton
Ready?
Set? Go!
Open a 400x400 canvas and flood fill with #7a7a7a.
Open a square frame/element of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (7)
Resize this element to 250 pixels tall, all layers
checked.
Copy and paste as a new layer onto your canvas.
Image – Free Rotate – Rotate by 45 degrees to the right
or left.
Objects – Align – Center in Canvas.
Grab the magic wand tool with the following settings
Mode: Add, Match: RBG Value, Tolerance: 5%.
Click inside of the frame layer.
Selections – Modify – Expand by 5 pixels.
Open a paper of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (4).
Copy the paper and move back to the canvas.
Add a new raster layer above the filled background
layer.
Make sure the empty raster is active.
Paste the paper INTO selection.
Selections – Select None.
Make the frame layer active once more and add a drop
shadow of choice.
I used V&H: 0, Opacity: 70%, Blur: 10.00.
Open two flower elements of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (2)
And WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (3).
Resize both by 25%
Resize both again by 50%.
Copy and paste both flower elements as new layers
above the frame layer for now.
Apply the same drop shadow to the flowers that was
applied to the frame.
Duplicate the darker flower element and drag the
lighter one above the two.
Arrange the flowers along one edge of the frame in the
following pattern:
Dark flower – light flower – dark flower
until you have filled that edge of the frame with the
flowers peeking out over the edge.
Hide the frame and paper layers,
merge visible.
Rename this layer: Flower line.
Duplicate the flower line layer.
Image – Mirror Horizontal.
Merge the two flower lines together.
Image – Flip.
Merge the flower lines together.
Layers – Arrange – Send to Bottom.
Open a ribbon element of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (27).
Resize to 400 pixels wide.
Copy and paste above the frame layer for now.
Apply the previous drop shadow to the ribbon element.
Duplicate.
Image – Mirror Horizontal.
Image – Flip.
Merge the two ribbons together.
Layers – Arrange – Send to Bottom.
Open another flower element of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (25).
Resize by 30%.
Copy and paste as a new layer above the frame layer.
Apply the same drop shadow as previously used.
Arrange on the left hand point of the frame.
Open a heart element of choice.
I used WDD-CDO-ValentineCollabKit-2014 (22).
Resize by 20%.
Copy and paste as a new layer above the flower layer.
Apply the same drop shadow as previously used.
Arrange on the bottom of the flower layer.
An optional step would be to find a staple/twine
element
of choice to resize and place in the hole of the heart
element.
I used a twine element from another of WDDesignz’
kits,
but I’m unsure which kit it was.
Open your tube or close up of choice.
Resize as needed. I resized mine by 80%.
I colorized the outfit of the tube that I used, per
PUT’s CDO TOU.
If you colorize your tube at all, please make sure it
fits the artist’s TOU.
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer at the top of
the layer palette.
Arrange where you would like it.
Duplicate the tube layer,
drag the duplicate beneath the frame layer.
For now, hide the original tube layer.
Make sure the duplicate is active,
and then grab your eraser tool.
Carefully erase the parts of the duplicate tube
that stick out from underneath the outer edge of the
frame layer.
Unhide the original tube layer again.
Apply a drop shadow of choice.
I used V: 0. H: -2, Opacity: 75, Blur: 12.35.
Grab your eraser tool again, and carefully erase the
parts of the tube layer that overhang the frame and
the outer edges of the frame,
so that it looks like your tube is nestled inside of
the frame layer.
Hide the filled background layer.
Merge visible.
Crop away the excess canvas now.
Open a pixel font of choice and add your credits and
tagger’s mark.
Apply an optional gradient glow.
Open another font of choice and add your name.
Once you are happy with the placement, convert the
name layer to raster.
Duplicate the name layer, and make the duplicate
active.
Adjust – Add Noise at 100% with Gaussian and
Monochrome checked.
Apply Lokas Artistic Effects – Cotton with the default
settings,
making sure to turn off the color overlay off.
Make the original name layer active.
Apply a gradient glow of choice. I added a 3.00 fat
white glow.
Apply a drop shadow of choice.
I used Eye Candy 6 – Perspective Shadow with the
Height 0 preset and these additional settings:
Delete the filled background layer, save as .png and
you are done!
Thank you for trying my tutorial, I would love to see
your results!


No comments:
Post a Comment